What is my COREtec® Stairs made of?
All our Stairs are 8 mm thick and composed of 5 distinct layers:
- High performance wear layer: Multiple thin (0.55 mm) layers
- Decor film: Indistinguishable from real wood or stone
- Comfort layer: Warm & quiet underfoot
- Sound Core®: Core with excellent sound reduction
- Attached cork underlayment: The most sustainable solution
How do I install my staircase?
User-friendliness is key when designing our floors and solutions. No sanding, polishing, protecting or varnishing is required. Moreover, you don’t need to acclimate the stair components and there’s no waiting time after installation. This means you can install your stairs and enjoy them the same day.
How do I clean my COREtec® staircase?
Unlike traditional parquet or other flooring types, COREtec® Stairs are 100% waterproof, child and pet friendly. Simply follow these steps to keep your staircase looking great for a lifetime:
- Sweep or dust-mop regularly to remove dirt and other particles that can damage the surface of your floor.
- Remove spots and spills quickly to avoid prolonged exposure and make them easier to remove.
- Damp-mop frequently with a pH-neutral cleaner – avoid mop and shine products.
With these tips and our recommended COREtec® Cleaning Kit, maintaining your staircase is child’s play.
For more detailed information on post-installation cleaning, preventive and routine maintenance, or spot and spill removal, please consult our care and maintenance guidelines.